In this Speaking the Truth in Love podcast, Fr. Thomas Hopko uses the Paschal icon as an opportunity to clear up some misconceptions about Sheol/Hades and Gehenna/Hell.
On a new "Ex Libris," the podcast of Ancient Faith Publishing, Bobby Maddex interviews Elizabeth Crispina Johnson, the author of the new Ancient Faith Publishing children's book The Miracle of the Red Egg.
As we contemplate the crucifixion, Fr. Tom Hopko takes an extensive look at the death of Christ and the juridical assumptions that have been taught largely in the West. This talk was given in March 2009 at Holy Ascension Orthodox Church in Charleston, SC.
In an anecdotal introduction to his new reflection, Fr. John Strickland tells the story of the fall of Constantinople to the western crusaders in 1204, showing how this event, inspired in part by new claims of papal supremacy, resulted in the permanent separation of eastern and western Christendom.
Orthodox Christians around the world will embark upon the most important time of the year, Holy Week, leading to the celebration of the Resurrection of Christ. Fr Tom Soroka reminds us that Holy Week is our opportunity to experience the value of Christ above all things in our life.
In a six-part reflection, Fr. Thomas Hopko examines the first three days of Holy Week and the significance of the scripture and verses as we prepare for Great and Holy Pascha. Listen to part one here and then click on the image to the left to hear the other five parts.
Elissa D. Bjeletich, author of In God's Hands - A Mother's Journey Through Her Infant's Critical Illness as well as the AFR podcast Raising Saints, and Elizabeth White, author of Following A Sacred Path - Raising Godly Children, join host Kevin Allen to discuss how to develop the spiritual nature of children and raise them to love and experience God.
Recent Podcast Episodes
- Let Us AttendApril 27, 2014: John 20:19-31, Told for Younger Children
- Let Us AttendApril 27, 2014: John 20:19-31, Read for Older Children
- Ex LibrisThe Miracle of the Red Egg
- iSermonTwo Sinners; Same Sin
- Paradise and UtopiaPapal Supremacy and the Parting of the Ways I
- Hasta la GloriaDios Tiene un Plan
- A Voice From The IslesThe King Of Love
- The PathMonday, April 21, 2014
- Saint of the DayOur Holy Father John, Disciple of St. Gregory of Decapolis
- Coffee Cup CommentariesI Corinthians 12:8-10 Intro
- The Morning OfferingHollow Orthodoxy
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteAbril 21, 2014