Listen to the recording from this morning's Divine Liturgy for the Nativity of our Lord. This recording is from Christ the Savior Orthodox Church (OCA) in Chicago where the priest is Fr. John Baker. The Divine Liturgy is followed by the singing of Christmas carols.
Sister Vassa has some poignant advice for her "zillions" of viewers who celebrate Nativity but struggle with loneliness or depression.
Thanks to a $10,000 matching gift, we are now over 50% toward our donation goal for this very important last month of the year. Won't you come along side this donor with your gift to get us closer to our goal? All gifts are tax deductible and go exclusively for the ministry of Ancient Faith Radio. Please don't give at the expense of your parish or missionaries.
In this little Coffee Break, Sister Vassa encourages us to assess the work that needs to be done in cleaning our spiritual house in anticipation of the Feast of the Nativity.
As we prepare to celebrate the Nativity of Christ, the eternal Word of God become man, we remember that the Lord Jesus Christ has both a familial and spiritual lineage. Through His birth, He heals the brokenness of His, and our, human family.
Fr. Evan answers some questions that came in via email and text but also has a delightful conversation with 12 year old Ben about the reason we celebrate the Nativity of Our Lord on December 25.
On this encore presentation of "Speaking the Truth in Love," Fr. Thomas Hopko, Dean Emeritus of St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary, asks a pointed question regarding the Incarnation of Christ: Do we REALLY believe it?!
- Come and SeeForty Two Generations!
- Roads From EmmausSt. Ignatius and Martyrdom (Sermon Dec. 21, 2014)
- Praying in the RainA Charismatic Takes up Her Cross
- Healing with Fr. George MorelliThe Nativity Feast, the Holy Family, and the Domestic Church
- Shepherd of SoulsSpiritual Fatherhood
- All Saints HomiliesThe Promise, the Process, and the Price
- The ArenaJesus, His Ancestors, and God’s Promise
- The PathThursday, December 25, 2014
- Saint of the DayThe Nativity According to the Flesh of Our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ
- Coffee Cup CommentariesRevelation 2:13c
- The Morning OfferingMerry Christmas!
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteDiciembre 26, 2014