Kevin and his guests Fr. Brendan Pelphrey (GOA), an ex-missionary in Asia who has had dialogue with the Dalai Lama, and R. Todd Godwin, ex-Buddhist and Orthodox Christian, discuss the attractions of Buddhism, as well as its key teachings and practices, in comparison with and in contrast to those of Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
In breaking news, Kevin Allen speaks with Samuel Noble who edits the Arab Orthodoxy blog site and who is an expert on Arab Orthodox matters, regarding reports that the kidnapped nuns of Maaloula and St. Thekla Monastery have been freed. The situation is very fluid but confirmation has been received of their release.
On a new "Paradise and Utopia," Fr. John Strickland, a professor of history at Saint Katherine Orthodox College, discusses the spiritual decline of the church in the West and the attempt to reform this degradation.
Lent is a time of great anticipation as we move toward the celebration of Christ's holy Pascha. But Fr. Tom Soroka reminds us that it is also a preparation for our entire Christian life, where we face the challenges of increased prayer, fasting, and almsgiving—and, in turn, learn much about our true selves.
Once again, Ancient Faith Radio and Orthodox Christian Fellowship have teamed up to bring you reports from Real Break. Hear about college students using their spring break to make a difference in shelters, homeless communities, impoverished countries, and other locations where the love of Christ can be extended. Here is the first report in 2014 from Honduras.
Ancient Faith Radio, together with the Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, located in the university city of Cambridge, England, is pleased to present this selection of video lectures delivered by distinguished scholars for the Institute’s degree course. Click on the image to the left to see Metropolitan Kallistos Ware speak on St. Gregory of Nyssa for IOCS Community Day.
On the next "Ancient Faith Today" (3/9), Fr. Brendan Pelphrey and R. Todd Godwin will discuss the key teachings and practices of Buddhism in comparison with and in contrast to those of Eastern Orthodox Christianity. Listen to a brief preview here and then tune in to Ancient Faith Talk at 8/7c.
Recent Podcast Episodes
- Let Us AttendMarch 16, 2014: Mark 2:1-12, Told for Younger Children
- Let Us AttendMarch 16, 2014: Mark 2:1-12, Read for Older Children
- Ancient Faith TodayBuddhism and Orthodoxy
- Ancient Faith PresentsMaaloula Nuns Freed!
- Sermons at St. NicholasOrthodoxy, Truth, and World Religions (Jn 1:43-51)
- A Voice From The IslesHow to Endure Lent and Beyond
- A Voice From The IslesOn Fasting - St. John Chrysostom
- Be The BeeForgiveness First
- Coffee with Sister VassaAdam’s Lament - 1st Week of Lent
- Cambridge Forum - VideoFrom Light to Darkness: The Christian Journey Strangely Reversed