Meet the host of the new live call-in show on AFR - Faith Encouraged Live with Fr. Barnabas Powell! It begins September 14 at 7:00 Central/8:00 Eastern on the Talk Station and will be heard on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month.
Dr. Al Rossi interviews His Grace Bishop Gregory of Nyssa of the American Carpatho-Russian Archdiocese and the liaison between OCF and the Assembly of Bishops. They discuss discerning God's calling on your life.
On a new "The Seeking Heart," Jodie Anna Boychuk, the creator of “Grumpy Orthodox Cat,” talks about the sacrament of the Eucharist and why Orthodox Christians guard this "secret" so passionately.
We interview Dn. Patrick Mitchell, author of A Crown of Life, an epic romance spanning ten pivotal years in the history of the world, beginning in 303, when churches were closed, scriptures were confiscated, and Christians were forbidden to assemble and later forced to prove their loyalty to the empire by offering a sacrifice to the government’s gods.
In the latest episode of his reflection on the new Christendom of the medieval west, Fr. John Strickland discusses the new approach to theology fostered by scholasticism, contrasting it with traditional Christian theology.
On a new "Praying in the Rain," Fr. Michael Gillis encourages us to get beyond "scribbling down lists of mistakes" to "allowing your reflection on your sins to break your heart" in preparing for the sacrament of Confession.
You will love this new video podcast featuring Fr. Maxym Lysack as he tackles questions about the spiritual life. Enjoy the video or the audio version. In this inaugural episode, Fr. Maxym addresses the question "How can we see our sins in humility and how can we fight despair?” Listen to the audio version here or click on the image for the video version.
- The Law of the SpiritWhat Are We Doing in the Divine Liturgy?
- Life EncouragedNo Justice, No Peace (Really?)
- Ancient Faith PresentsMeet Our New Call-In Host!
- Praying in the RainWhat Does God Look Like?
- Transforming Our LivesPart 36: Mark 7:24-30
- OrthodixieThe Things You Do When You Don’t Want To Do The Things You Ought To Do
- iSermonI’m Not Your Priest
- The PathTuesday, September 2, 2014
- Saint of the DaySt. John IV, Patriarch of Constantinople, Known as John the Faster
- Coffee Cup CommentariesPhilippians 1:27
- The Morning OfferingProof of Love
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteSeptiembre 2, 2014