Increasingly, Christians worldwide are complaining about the erosion of their religious liberties. Is religious freedom really in peril or is it just so much empty whining? Join nationally syndicated columnist Terry Mattingly and Orthodox priest Fr. Hans Jacobse as they discuss this important topic on the next Ancient Faith Today with Kevin Allen (12/8).
On this special edition of "Hearts and Minds," Fr. John Oliver, the priest of St. Elizabeth Orthodox Christian Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, speaks at a symposium titled "God's Books: Reading Scripture in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam" that was held at the Murfreesboro Mosque this past November.
Sponsored by the Center for Family Care of the GOA, the 2013 Family Ministry Conference, which was hosted by St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church in Minneapolis, Minnesota, focused on rooting and grounding our families in Christ and His Church. Listen here to the lecture by His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios.
Kevin Allen interviews Abbess Aemiliane of the Sacred Monastery of St. Nina about her miraculous rescue in Kansas City when a Sky Walk came crashing down on the public on July 17,1981.
When blessings are temporary, sadness follows thankfulness. But does God want our blessings to be so short-lived? Steven Christoforou answers this question and others in a new episode of the video podcast "Be the Bee," a joint presentation of AFR and the GOARCH Department of Youth and Young Adult ministries.
On November 30, we celebrate the feast of St. Andrew the Apostle. Fr. Thomas Hopko reflects on this great apostle, as well as on some of the legends that surround him. In particular, he talks about the dubious history of Andrew's alledged founding of the Church in Constantinople.
Fr. Thomas Hopko often receives email asking him about the Orthodox view of redemption including the topics of God's wrath, the payment of a ransom, punishment, guilt, and salvation. He addresses these controversial subjects in this episode.
Recent Podcast Episodes
- Raising SaintsPraying for Our Children I: St. Porphyrios
- OrthodixieNegroes, Converts, Cradles, and Slaves
- Paradise and UtopiaThe Rise of Anthropological Pessimism III
- Toda Gloria a DiosLa Iglesia Ortodoxa en América Latina
- The ArenaFr. Andrew Cuneo on “The Breaking in of Eternity”
- Hearts and MindsReading God’s Books
- Lord, Send MeFurther Reflection on Rick Warren
- The PathThursday, December 5, 2013
- Saint of the DaySt. Cosmas the Protos of Mount Athos and his Companions
- Coffee Cup CommentariesI Corinthians 5:9-10
- The Morning OfferingUnfair Treatment
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteDiciembre 5, 2013