Meet the host of the new live call-in show on AFR - Faith Encouraged Live with Fr. Barnabas Powell! It begins September 14 at 7:00 Central/8:00 Eastern on the Talk Station and will be heard on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of every month.
Dr. Al Rossi interviews His Grace Bishop Gregory of Nyssa of the American Carpatho-Russian Archdiocese and the liaison between OCF and the Assembly of Bishops. They discuss discerning God's calling on your life.
On a new "The Seeking Heart," Jodie Anna Boychuk, the creator of “Grumpy Orthodox Cat,” talks about the sacrament of the Eucharist and why Orthodox Christians guard this "secret" so passionately.
We interview Dn. Patrick Mitchell, author of A Crown of Life, an epic romance spanning ten pivotal years in the history of the world, beginning in 303, when churches were closed, scriptures were confiscated, and Christians were forbidden to assemble and later forced to prove their loyalty to the empire by offering a sacrifice to the government’s gods.
Bobby Maddex interviews Gerasimos Kambites, the author of Tears on the Equator, the incredible true story of an interracial Orthodox couple's failed attempt to enact faith, progress, unity, love, and sustainable development in Uganda. That they would fail was inevitable, but that they would survive in a real and mystical way is the story's hidden treasure.
In the latest episode of his reflection on the new Christendom of the medieval west, Fr. John Strickland discusses the new approach to theology fostered by scholasticism, contrasting it with traditional Christian theology.
On a new "Praying in the Rain," Fr. Michael Gillis encourages us to get beyond "scribbling down lists of mistakes" to "allowing your reflection on your sins to break your heart" in preparing for the sacrament of Confession.
- Ancient Faith PresentsMeet Our New Call-In Host!
- Transforming Our LivesPart 36: Mark 7:24-30
- OrthodixieThe Things You Do When You Don’t Want To Do The Things You Ought To Do
- iSermonI’m Not Your Priest
- From the AmvonTo the Church of Pergamos
- Let Us AttendSeptember 7, 2014: John 3:13-17, Told for Younger Children
- Let Us AttendSeptember 7, 2014: John 3:13-17, Read for Older Children
- The PathTuesday, September 2, 2014
- Saint of the DaySt. John IV, Patriarch of Constantinople, Known as John the Faster
- Coffee Cup CommentariesPhilippians 1:27
- The Morning OfferingProof of Love
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteSeptiembre 2, 2014