Bobby Maddex interviews Fr. Philip LeMasters, Dean of the School of Social Sciences and Religion at McMurry University and an occasional AFR podcaster, about his new book The Forgotten Faith: Ancient Insights for Contemporary Believers from Eastern Christianity, published by Cascade Books.
On the occasion of the Sunday of St. Timon and his congregation's ongoing support of its sister parish in Bosra-Hauran, Syria, Fr. Philip LeMasters encourages us to avoid despair and work to alleviate the suffering of our neighbors wherever they are in the world.
Dr. Al Rossi welcomes Fr. John Jillions, Chancellor of the Orthodox Church in America, to talk about the healing nature of the Psalms.
Jesus issued a stern warning in the book of Revelation for the church which was lukewarm and apathetic: "I will spit you out of my mouth." Fr. Tom Soroka reminds us that every Divine Service we attend at church, we have an opportunity "practice" the unity and care that we're called to manifest every day of the week.
On a new "Ancient Faith Presents," Bobby Maddex interviews Dr. Frank Papatheofanis, the founder and president of St. Katherine Orthodox College, about the school's new online graduate course offerings.
Fr. John Strickland, a professor of history at Saint Katherine College and the host of "Paradise and Utopia," discusses the new ecclesiology of Roman Catholicism, contrasting it to Orthodoxy and concluding with a reference to its most notorious statement, the papal bull Unum Sanctum of Boniface VIII.
John Maddex talks with Dr. Maria Khoury, Orthodox writer and speaker from Taybeh, Palestine, about the tragic war and loss of life in Gaza and Israel.
- Under the GrapevineThe Edge of Mysterion: Chapter Ten
- Ancient Faith PresentsThe Forgotten Faith
- Shepherd of SoulsAnd Their Eyes Were Opened
- The ArenaMedicine: Good and Bad
- Ancient Faith CommentariesSt. Timon and Assisting the World
- Healing with Fr. George MorelliHealing our Domestic Church
- Praying in the RainHeaven and Hell and Repentance (on the Bus)
- The PathFriday, August 1, 2014
- Saint of the DayHoly Seven Maccabees, Their Mother Solomonia, and Their Teacher Eleazar
- Coffee Cup CommentariesI Corinthians 15:27-28
- The Morning OfferingAttitude
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteAgosto 2, 2014