In this little Coffee Break, Sister Vassa encourages us to assess the work that needs to be done in cleaning our spiritual house in anticipation of the Feast of the Nativity.
As we prepare to celebrate the Nativity of Christ, the eternal Word of God become man, we remember that the Lord Jesus Christ has both a familial and spiritual lineage. Through His birth, He heals the brokenness of His, and our, human family.
Fr. Evan answers some questions that came in via email and text but also has a delightful conversation with 12 year old Ben about the reason we celebrate the Nativity of Our Lord on December 25.
With the end of the year nearing, we are a little over 30% toward our donation goal for this very important last month of the year. Would you be willing to express your appreciation for AFR in a tangible way by giving a donation today? We have a huge mountain to climb this month so any help would be appreciated. Don't give at the expense of your own parish or missionaries you support. Thank You!
On this encore presentation of "Speaking the Truth in Love," Fr. Thomas Hopko, Dean Emeritus of St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary, asks a pointed question regarding the Incarnation of Christ: Do we REALLY believe it?!
On a new "Ex Libris," the podcast of Ancient Faith Publishing, Bobby Maddex interviews Emmy Award-winning actor, musician, and writer Jonathan Jackson about his new AFP book The Mystery of Art: Becoming an Artist in the Image of God.
On four consecutive Tuesdays in October, 2014, St. Tikhon’s Orthodox Theological Seminary hosted its annual fall lecture series. This year’s speakers were Fr. Stephen Freeman, Fr. Andrew Damick, Fr. Joel Weir, and Fr. John Oliver. Click on the image to the left to view the videos.
- Sermons at St. NicholasHealing Our Family Tree (Mt 1:1-25)
- Orthodoxy LiveDecember 21, 2014
- Let Us AttendDecember 28, 2014: Matthew 2:13-23, Told for Younger Children
- Let Us AttendDecember 28, 2014: Matthew 2:13-23, Read for Older Children
- Frederica Here and NowNativity Paraklesis
- Transforming Our LivesPart 48: Mark 9:49-50
- Roads From EmmausMissing the Feast of Faith (Sermon Dec. 14, 2014)
- Coffee with Sister VassaCoffee Break - Pre-Christmas House Cleaning
- Be The BeeRise Like Incense
- Life EncouragedWe’re Not Kidding - The First AND Second Coming Of Jesus
- The PathMonday, December 22, 2014
- Saint of the DayHoly Great Martyr Anastasia the Widow, the Deliverer from Potions
- Coffee Cup CommentariesRevelation 2:12
- The Morning OfferingForgiveness
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteDiciembre 22, 2014