In this new episode of Becoming a Healing Presence, Dr. Al Rossi interviews St. Vladimir Seminary graduate Tracy Gustilo about the way the Fathers weave together the Garden of Eden and the Garden of Gethsemane.
Ancient Faith Publishing has released a new book by Elissa Bjeletich, host of the popular "Raising Saints" podcast. In God's hands: A Mother’s Journey through Her Infant’s Critical Illness tells the story of her youngest daughter’s battle with liver disease, showing how her doubt, fear, and impatience gave way to faith in God’s providence.
Chatter about the Orthodox Faith abounds in social media, but not all of it is true. How should Orthodox Christians approach Facebook, Twitter, and so on, both in terms of their own posts and reading posts by others? Fr. Andrew Damick shares his own guidelines for using social media.
On this episode of Orthodoxy Live which was heard on Sunday night December 15, Fr. Evan Armatas takes listener calls asking questions about spouses in heaven, purgatory, confession, and the real presence of Christ in the eucharist.
Today marks the 30th anniversary of the departure from this life of Fr. Alexander Schmemann. In commemoration, Fr. John Finley has put together "The Eucharist Is," a poetic compilation of Fr. Alexander's descriptions of Holy Communion.
As we approach the Nativity of Christ, Fr. John Oliver reflects on the importance of keeping justice, mercy, and faithfulness preeminent, as opposed to foolish controversies, genealogies, and dissension.
Fr. John Strickland, a professor of history at Saint Katherine Orthodox College and the host of the AFR podcast "Paradise and Utopia," discusses St. Augustine's notorious doctrine of original sin and its impact on the conception of man in the West.
Recent Podcast Episodes
- Becoming a Healing PresenceThe Two Gardens
- Transforming Our LivesPart 17: Mark 4:33-34
- All Saints HomiliesTorah, Tov, and Chavod
- Roads From EmmausIncarnate Faith in a Virtual World: Orthodox Christianity and Social Media
- iSermonLike Everyone Else
- From the AmvonThe Prophet Habakkuk
- A Voice From The IslesBe Prepared
- The PathWednesday, December 18, 2013
- Saint of the DayHoly Hieromartyr Modestus I, Archbishop of Jerusalem
- Coffee Cup CommentariesI Corinthians 6:17-19
- The Morning OfferingDivided Loyalties
- Glorificando a Dios DiariamenteDiciembre 18, 2013