In this final episode of "In the Valley of the Shadow of Death" (for now), Fr. David Alexander, an Antiochian priest and chaplain with the United States Marine Corps, reports from Bagram Air Base, explaining the simultaneous sense of community and lack of community that marked his time in Afghanistan.
On the next "Ancient Faith Today" (6/23), Fr. Thomas Hopko will help us understand how Orthodox Holy Tradition interprets and applies the prophetic texts of Scripture in light of the many modern-day "end times" interpretations, including the rapture, the antichrist, and the thousand-year reign of Christ.
On the latest edition of Orthodoxy Live, Fr. Evan Armatas tackles a variety of questions including one about re-baptism as the point of entry into the Orthodox Church. There are a number of other questions both from pre-recorded calls and emails. You are guaranteed to learn a lot!
On this encore presentation of "Speaking the Truth in Love," Fr. Thomas Hopko, Dean Emeritus of St. Vladimir's Seminary, takes a closer look at the seventh Sunday of Pascha—the Sunday between Ascension and Pentecost.
Bobby Maddex interviews Eleana Silk, the librarian at St. Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary. In conjunction with the 75th anniversary of St. Vlad’s, Bobby will be conducting a series of interviews with staff and faculty about the history of this venerable school, and what better way to start than with what should be the heart of any academic institution—the library.
From the archives of Speaking the Truth in Love, Fr. Thomas Hopko rejoices in the enthronement of the crucified One, raised and glorified.
Dr. Albert Rossi, an adjunct professor of pastoral theology at St. Vladimir’s Seminary and the host of "Becoming a Healing Presence," talks with iconographer Khouria Erin Kimmet about the icon most associated with the Resurrection—Christ lifting Adam and Eve to Paradise.
Recent Podcast Episodes
- The ArenaFree and Exalted: The Glorious Ascension of Our Lord
- The ArenaSpiritual Fathers As Love Gifts
- Healing with Fr. George MorelliIt Is the Spirit Behind the Letter of the Law: Part 2
- Search the ScripturesJeremiah: Part 5
- In the Valley of the Shadow of DeathMariu, Skoog, Brother Priests, and the Mother of God
- Postcards from GreeceBoundaries of Salvation
- Roads From EmmausFathers of the First Ecumenical Council (Sermon June 16, 2013)
- A Voice From The IslesDeified
- From the AmvonThe Fifth Commandment: Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother
- Let Us AttendJune 23, 2013, John 7:37-52; 8:12, Told for Younger Children