April 7, 2013: Mark 8:34-9:1, Read for Older Children
April 01, 2013 Length: 2:38
The Lord said, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it.
“For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul? For what can a man give in return for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”
And Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power.”
1. In the game “Follow the Leader,” who decides what everyone is going to do?
2. In this game, what do you do if you are a follower?
3. If you are one of the followers in this game and you want to turn left but the leader turns right, which way do you have to turn?
4. Who is the leader in this gospel?
5. What does Jesus tell the disciples and the crowds they need to do so they can be his followers?
6. If Jesus tells his followers to pray but they want to take a nap, what do they have to do if they still want to follow him?
7. Do you think this is easy to do? Why or why not?
8. What things do you want to do sometimes instead of the thing Jesus asks you to do? What do you need to do if you want to follow Jesus?
"Your app is a Godsend. I am 42 and a cradle Orthodox Christian. Without AFR, I surely would have completely fallen by now. Thank you. God Bless."