April 7, 2013: Mark 8:34-9:1, Told for Younger Children
April 01, 2013 Length: 2:22
One day, our Lord Jesus taught his followers that whoever wants to follow Him should not just do whatever they want to do. Instead, they should do what God wants them to, even if it is very hard. He said that those who do things God’s way will be saved.
He reminded His followers that, even if they got everything in the whole world, they would not have anything as important as their souls. He also reminded them not to be ashamed to follow Him. He said that when He comes again, He will be ashamed of anyone who was ashamed of Him while they lived on Earth.
Then He promised that some of his followers would live to see God’s Kingdom come with power!
1. Have you ever played “Follow the Leader?” What does a follower do?
2. If the leader does something hard, like crawling under a table, what does the follower do?
3. We follow Jesus. Jesus is our leader.
4. Jesus told us what we should not do. Can you think of something you should not do?
5. Jesus also told us what we should do. Can you think of some things we should do?
6. Jesus came to show us how to live. Jesus died on a cross and rose from the dead. He opened the gates of heaven.
7. When we make the sign of the cross, we remind ourselves that we must do the right thing, and we must stay close to Jesus.
"I recently came across Ancient Faith Radio by accident, in my search to answer some questions to myself and to defend myself to a friend who was bashing the Orthodox Church. The things that I have learned about Orthodoxy from this site are priceless. It has helped me to grow even closer to the faith and of course to grow even more as a Christian. I cannot thank you enough. I can't get enough of this site. I listen all the time!!!!! All the way from Greece!!!"