April 7, 2013: Mark 8:34-9:1, Told for Younger Children
April 01, 2013 Length: 2:22
One day, our Lord Jesus taught his followers that whoever wants to follow Him should not just do whatever they want to do. Instead, they should do what God wants them to, even if it is very hard. He said that those who do things God’s way will be saved.
He reminded His followers that, even if they got everything in the whole world, they would not have anything as important as their souls. He also reminded them not to be ashamed to follow Him. He said that when He comes again, He will be ashamed of anyone who was ashamed of Him while they lived on Earth.
Then He promised that some of his followers would live to see God’s Kingdom come with power!
1. Have you ever played “Follow the Leader?” What does a follower do?
2. If the leader does something hard, like crawling under a table, what does the follower do?
3. We follow Jesus. Jesus is our leader.
4. Jesus told us what we should not do. Can you think of something you should not do?
5. Jesus also told us what we should do. Can you think of some things we should do?
6. Jesus came to show us how to live. Jesus died on a cross and rose from the dead. He opened the gates of heaven.
7. When we make the sign of the cross, we remind ourselves that we must do the right thing, and we must stay close to Jesus.
"I don't think it's a stretch to say that I've spent HUNDREDS of hours listening to AFR over the past 8-9 months. I have not had an AFR-free commute for many, many months! To say that AFR has played a crucial role in my journey would be an understatement. Without the ministry of AFR, it's safe to say that I would not have the clarity and confidence to move forward into the next phase of the journey that God has for me. I just want you all to know—the AFR folks on the ground and the Priests, Monastics, and Laypeople that provide content for the podcasts—that you're doing a great, God-ordained work that is having an amazing impact."