August 12, 2012: Matthew 17:14-23, Told for Younger Children
August 06, 2012 Length: 2:48
One day, a man came to our Lord Jesus Christ. He knelt before Him and said, “Lord please have mercy on my son. He has a sickness that hurts him. Sometimes he falls into the fire, and sometimes he falls into the water. I took him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.”
Jesus said, “Oh, you people with not much faith! How long do I have to put up with you? Bring him here to me.”
Then Jesus spoke sharply to the demon in the boy and it came out of him. The boy was better right away!
Later, the disciples asked Jesus, “Why couldn’t we cast that demon out of the boy?”
Jesus said, “Because you have no faith. But if you have faith—even a tiny bit—you can even tell a mountain to move, and it will! With faith, you can do anything.”
1. Who came to find Jesus? What did he do when he found Jesus?
2. Why did the boy need help?
3. What happened when the man took his son to Jesus’ disciples?
4. How did the boy get better?
5. Why did Jesus say the disciples could not cast out the demon?
6. In this Gospel story, we learn that faith in God can help us to things we can’t usually do. Is there anything you need to do that seems too hard? Pray and ask God for help, then have faith that He will help you do the hard thing!
"Thank you very much for the wonderful music and radio that you are broadcasting. I'm a student, and my study and work require my mind to always be occupied. There is barely time for praying. However, because of the orthodox music that you play, I feel peace in my soul and can pray while I'm doing my job or learning. Thank you and God bless you!"