Let Us Attend:
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ told this parable. (A parable is a story with a special meaning.)
“The Kingdom of Heaven is like a king who wanted to settle things up with his servants. One servant was brought to him. This man owed the king lots of money, but could not pay it. The king said that the man, his wife and children, and all that they had, needed to be sold to pay back what he owed.
“But the servant fell to his knees and begged the king, ‘Be patient! I will pay back everything!’”
“The king felt sorry for the man and let him go. He even said the man didn’t have to pay back the money.
“When the servant left there, he saw another servant. This man owed him a few coins. The first servant grabbed the second one by the throat and said, ‘Pay me what you owe me!’
“The second servant begged, ‘Be patient with me. I will pay you!’ But the first servant threw the second one in jail until he could pay his debt.
“All the other servants saw what happened and told the king. The king called in his servant. He said, ‘You are bad! I forgave you your debt when you asked me to. You should have had mercy on your friend.’ And he sent the servant to jail until he could pay what he owed.”
Our Lord Jesus said that it is the same for us. God has forgiven all our many sins, and because of that, we must forgive those around us for their few sins.
1. What problem did the servant who was brought to the king have?
2. What did the servant ask the king to do? What did the king do?
3. Who did the servant see when he left the king? What did he say to him?
4. What happened to the second servant?
5. How did the king find out what happened? What did he do?
6. What about you? God has forgiven you for many sins. Have you forgiven those around you for their few sins against you?