Audio length: 3:02 minutes
One evening, our Lord Jesus Christ had his disciples get into a boat and go to the other side of the sea. While they went, He sent away the crowd that had come. Then, He went up into the hills, to pray.
While He was praying alone, the wind came up against the boat and waves beat against it. Very late at night, Jesus came to His disciples. He was walking on the sea! When the disciples saw that, they were very afraid. They thought He was a ghost. They screamed because they were afraid.
Jesus spoke to them, “Relax! It is I! Don’t be afraid!”
As He heard this, Peter said, “Lord if it is really you, call me to come to You on the water!”
Jesus said, “Come!” So Peter got out of the boat. He walked on the water and came to Jesus! But then he saw the wind and was afraid. He began to sink.
As he began to sink, Peter said, “Lord, save me!” Jesus reached out, grabbed Peter’s hand, and asked him why he doubted.
Peter and Jesus got into the boat. When they did, the wind became calm. Everyone in the boat worshiped Jesus, saying, “You must be the Son of God!”
1. Why did Jesus go up into the hills by Himself?
2. What happened to the disciples and the boat while Jesus prayed?
3. How did Jesus come into the boat? How did the disciples feel about that?
4. What did Peter try to do? Did it go well?
5. What did Jesus do when Peter asked Him to save him?
6. Why do you think the people in the boat began to worship Jesus? Would you have done the same?