December 2, 2012: Matthew 22:2-14, Told for Younger Children
November 25, 2012 Length: 3:12
Jesus taught a lesson about the kingdom of heaven. He said, “The kingdom of heaven is like a wedding celebration for a prince. The father of the prince, the king, invited many people to the celebration. On the day of the wedding, they didn’t come to the celebration. The king sent out his servants to tell those who were invited that all the food was ready, and that they should come. They still didn’t come. The king wanted people to come to the celebration, so he sent his servants out to the roadways to invite all whom they found. The servants brought many people to the feast.
The king wanted everyone to wear the special robes he had for the guests. When the king came in to the celebration, he saw that one of the guests had not put on the special robe. The king had him thrown out.
Jesus explained that God wants everyone to come into the kingdom of heaven. We need to stay close to God, and obey Him. Then we will be ready to come into the kingdom of heaven.
1. The king invited people to a celebration. What was the celebration for?
2. When you have a party, do you want a lot of people to come? Why?
3. The people he invited didn’t come, so the king invited people he didn’t even know.
4. A person came to the wedding feast but he wasn’t ready. What did he need?
5. God wants everyone to come into the kingdom. But we must be ready. How do we get ready?
"I am from the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahido Church in Addis Ababa. I usually listen to Ancient Faith Radio during my lunch and spare time at work. You are doing an excellent job teaching our Orthodox faith. May God bless your service."