December 4, 2011: Luke 13:10-17, Read for Older Children
November 28, 2011 Length: 2:43
At that time, Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. And there was a woman who had had a spirit of infirmity for eighteen years; she was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your infirmity.” And he laid his hands upon her, and immediately she was made straight, and she praised God. But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, said to the people, “There are six days on which work ought to be done; come on those days and be healed and not on the Sabbath day.” Then the Lord answered him, “You hypocrite! Does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his ass from the manger, and lead it away to water it? And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day?” As Jesus said this, all his adversaries were put to shame; and all the people rejoiced at all the glorious things that were done by him.
1. Do you have a pet or know someone who does?
2. What do you do to take care of your pet or what does your friend do to take care of her pet?
3. Why do people do all of those things for their pets?
4. If work wasn’t supposed to be done on the Sabbath why would people take their animals to get water on that day?
5. How is Jesus healing the woman the same type of action?
6. How does God take care of you the way you take care of your pet?
"First of all, thank you so much for this ministry. Words fail to express how much of a blessing you've been in my family's life. Multiply that by all that families that AFR touches, and it is truly amazing."