February 23, 2014: Matthew 25:31-46, Read for Older Children
February 16, 2014 Length: 4:41
The Lord said, “When the Son of man comes in all his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.
“Then the King will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’
“Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’
“Then they also will answer, ‘Lord when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
1. Can you imagine Jesus coming in all His glory, with all the holy angels with Him? What do you think that will be like?
2. Why do you think our Lord used the example of a shepherd separating sheep from goats for His illustration?
3. What will the King say to the “sheep” on His right?
4. What will He say to the “goats” at His left hand?
5. The righteous people in this Gospel are those who have done what our Lord Jesus did when He was on Earth: fed and clothed the needy, cared for the sick, visited the imprisoned. Who did our Lord say they were really doing these things to?
6. What about you? Which group would you like Jesus to put you into? Are you treating people around you the way our Lord Jesus would? Look for opportunities to help others, because when you do, you’re helping God!
"I want to thank with all my heart your station for broadcasting online the beautiful and holy music of the Orthodox Church. Finding your station by chance is such a blessing for me, because the prayers and the songs bring me peace and serenity in my mind and in my soul. I felt the need to express my gratitude for this blessing, and I want to kindly ask you to thank your team on my behalf for the joy, the relief, and the faith they bring me across the Ocean. I wish everyone who is associated with AFR for the glory of God every success for the future."