February 23, 2014: Matthew 25:31-46, Told for Younger Children
February 16, 2014 Length: 2:57
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ told about a time that is coming. He said that at the end of the world, He will come back and sit on a throne. It will be full of glory, and all the holy angels will be with Him!
Then everyone from the whole world will come together there. Our Lord Jesus will divide everyone into groups, just like a shepherd separates out sheep and goats.
Our Lord said that the good people will get God’s Kingdom! They have fed hungry people, given drinks to thirsty people, been friendly to people they didn’t know, given clothes to people who didn’t have enough, visited sick people, and gone to see prisoners. Our Lord said that, when the good people do these things to other people, they do it to Him.
Then He said a sad thing. He said that the people who do not help others around them will need to go away from Him. They will go into fire with the devil. Because they did not help others they did not help our Lord. So they will be punished, but the good people will live forever with God!
1. Where will our Lord Jesus sit, at the end of the world? What will it be like?
2. Who will come to Him there?
3. What will He divide them into?
4. What will the good people get?
5. Can you tell one thing that good people do to others?
6. What sad thing happens to the people who do not help others?
7. You can help our Lord! You can be kind to your brother or sister. You can give some of your toys to children who don’t have toys. You can help your mom and dad. You can make friends with someone new. How will you help Jesus today?
"It is such a blessing to be able to listen to chant anytime, as it is not easy to find online. I am a convert who came to Orthodoxy ten years ago. As a working musician, I was drawn immediately to the beauty of chant. I listen to AFR music very often and wanted to thank you for offering that resource. Hope others have commented on the music as well. It is the reason I first listened. I will continue to support and listen to your wonderful station."