Let Us Attend:
At that time, when Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee; and leaving Nazareth he went and dwelt in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled;
“The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, toward the sea, across the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles—the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death light has dawned.”
From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
1. How do you feel when you are in the dark?
2. How does that change when someone turns on the light?
3. When I say, “Zack was in the dark when it came to math,” what do I mean?
4. What do you think this gospel means when it says the people of Zebulun and Naphtali were sitting in darkness?
5. Who is the light that has dawned on them according to this gospel? What does that mean?
6. At one point in the liturgy we sing, “We have seen the true light.” When do we sing this? What do we mean?