Let Us Attend:
Our Lord Jesus Christ was baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist. John was a very holy man. He preached, “Repent! For the Kingdom of God is near!”
He was not afraid to tell people who were sinning that they were doing wrong. One time, he told King Herod that he was breaking God’s rules. King Herod was not happy. He had John put in jail.
When Jesus heard that John had been put in jail, he left Nazareth. He went to Galilee. The Gentiles (people who are not Jewish) lived in Galilee. Jesus began to live there with the Gentiles.
Many years before, the prophet Isaiah had said that in Galilee of the Gentiles, “the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light.” This prophecy came true when Jesus, the Light of the World, went to Galilee. Then, the Gentiles could learn about Him.
In Galilee, Jesus began to teach people about God. His preaching sounded a lot like John’s. Only, Jesus said, “Repent, for the Kingdom of God is here!”
1. Have you ever been in a dark room? How do you feel?
2. People usually take a flashlight with them when they go to dark places. Why?
3. When a person is confused about how to play a game, and then finally understands, they might say, “I see now how to play.” Are they talking about seeing with their eyes?
4. Jesus came to help us see our way to God.
5. Jesus went to Galilee to show people the way to God.