Audio length: 2:23 minutes
At that time, when Jesus drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging; and hearing a multitude going by, he inquired what this meant. They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”
And he cried, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
And Jesus stopped, and commanded him to be brought to him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” He said, “Lord, let me receive my sight.”
And Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, glorifying God; and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.
1. What was the blind man doing on the roadside? What does that mean?
2. What did the blind man beg Jesus for?
3. What was he saying about Jesus by begging for his mercy?
5. Do you ever ask God for mercy? When?
6. What are you saying about God when you do that?