January 19, 2014: Luke 17:12-19, Read for Older Children
January 12, 2014 Length: 2:28
At that time, as Jesus entered a village, he was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance and lifted up their voices and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.” When Jesus saw them he said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went they were cleansed.
Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back praising God with a loud voice; and fell on his face at Jesus’ feet, giving him thanks. Now he was a Samaritan.
Then said Jesus, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?” And Jesus said to him, “Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well.”
1. What do the lepers say to Jesus?
2. Why do you think they call Him master? What are they saying about Him by calling him that?
3. What are they saying about themselves?
4. Did Jesus heal them right on the spot? What did they have to do?
5. Do you think the lepers trusted Jesus? Why or why not?
6. Who came back to say thank you?
7. What about you? Do you trust Jesus’ words and follow His directions? When He takes care of you, do you remember to thank Him?
"I am listener of Ancient Faith Radio for little over two years now. I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful podcasts you put up throughout the year! They are so very educational and informative and they have and continue to change my life! I started listening to Ancient Faith Radio as a Protestant, and through your ministry, I am now a full member of the Holy Orthodox Church! Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever! "