Let Us Attend:
Jesus was walking on the road to Jericho. Many people were with Him. When he was almost at Jericho, His group passed by a man who was blind. The man was sitting by the road, begging for money and food.
The blind man asked the people near him why a crowd was passing them. The people said that Jesus from Nazareth was coming.
Right away, the blind man started shouting, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
The people around the blind man told him to be quiet, but he shouted louder, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
When Jesus got closer, He stopped. He asked that the blind man be brought to Him. When the man got to Jesus, Jesus asked, “What would you like me to do for you?”
The blind man answered, “Lord, I want to see!” Jesus said, “Receive your sight. Because you believed in Me, you are well.”
Right away, the man could see! He followed Jesus, praising God. All the people who saw it also praised God!
Here are some questions about the Gospel story:
1. What was wrong with the man sitting by the road?
2. Who walked by the man? What did the man do then?
3. Did the man get quiet when people told him to? Why or why not?
4. What did Jesus do when He got closer?
5. Why did Jesus say that the man got well?
6. We believe in Jesus, too. Sometimes, He makes our bodies well again when we’re sick. But He doesn’t just heal our bodies. He is making our spirits well, too!