The Lord said to his disciples, “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
“Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
1. What did Jesus tell His disciples that they are? What do you think He meant by that?
2. What did He say happens when His followers let their lights shine before others?
3. Did Jesus come to get rid of the law and the prophets? What does He say about them?
4. What will someone who keeps the commandments be called?
5. How many of the Ten Commandments can you name? How many of them can you keep?
6. When you live a life of keeping God’s commandments, loving Him with all your heart and loving others like you love yourself, you are letting your light shine. Others around you will notice and glorify God!