July 14, 2013: Matthew 5:14-19, Told for Younger Children
July 08, 2013 Length: 2:42
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ was teaching His disciples. He told them, “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot hide. Also, if you turn on a light in a room, you don’t cover it with a box—instead, you put it up where it can light up everything!
In the same way, you should light up the world by doing good things. Then, when others see what you do, they will learn about what God is like.
“Some people think I came to stop people from following God’s law, the Ten Commandments. That is not true! I came to fulfill them. If you follow the commandments and teach others to do so, you will be doing what is right. Then you will be called great in God’s Kingdom.”
1. When Jesus was on earth, some people thought he would say, “Forget everything
you have learned about God.” He did not.
He told people to follow God’s law, as they had been doing.
2. There are many people in the world who do not know what is good. They need to see someone else doing good works. Then they know what to do.
3. Think about this week, did you do anything that helped someone? Did you share your toys? Did you take turns?
4. Helping, sharing, and taking turns are good things to do. Other kids see you doing the right thing, and they learn that it is good.
5. Are there other things that are good to do?
6. What are things that are not good?
7. Even when it is hard, do the right thing. Jesus said, if you do the right thing, and teach others to do what is right, you will be great in the kingdom of heaven.
"I really feel dependent on Ancient Faith's music service. And I'm not even an Orthodox Church member. I listen to a wide variety of music on the internet, ranging from r&b classic jamz to various jazz genres to operatic arias, and onwards. But what I listen to most of all by far is Ancient Faith's liturgical music, which I frequently have on for hours at a time."