July 15, 2012: Matthew 5:14-19, Told for Younger Children
July 09, 2012 Length: 2:29
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ was teaching His disciples. He told them, “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot hide. Also, if you turn on a light in a room, you don’t cover it with a box—instead, you put it up where it can light up everything!
In the same way, you should light up the world by doing good things. Then, when others see what you do, they will learn about what God is like.
“Some people think I came to stop people from following God’s law, the Ten Commandments. That is not true! I came to fulfill them. If you follow the commandments and teach others to do so, you will be doing what is right. Then you will be called great in God’s Kingdom.”
1. What does Jesus say His disciples are?
2. Do you have a lamp in your room? In the dark, turn it on and then carefully cover it with a box. Look around. Take the box off and look around again. You can see much better without the box, can’t you?
3. How should we, as Christ’s followers, light up the world?
4. Ask your parents or godparents to help you remember all of the Ten Commandments. Are you keeping them?
5. What will you do to “light up” your part of the world today? Look for chances to do good things, and then do them!
"Great comforting and encouraging source of spiritual nourishment. My work schedule prevents me from attending many parish services and functions so AFR fills a big gap."