July 20, 2014: Matthew 9:1-8, Told for Younger Children
July 14, 2014 Length: 2:44
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ got into a boat and went to His own city. What He got there, some people brought a paralyzed man to Him. The man could not walk, so they brought him to Jesus on a mat.
Jesus saw that they believed that He could heal their friend. He looked at the man and said, “Your sins are forgiven!”
Some of the important people from the synagogue were upset. They thought to themselves, “This man is acting like He is God. That is not good to do!”
But Jesus knew what they were thinking, so He asked them a question, “Which is easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or ‘Get up and walk?’”
Then, to show that He had the power to even forgive sins, Jesus told the man, “Get up! Pick up your mat, and go home!”
Right away the man got up and walked home! When all the people gathered there saw this, they were amazed. They glorified God for giving Jesus such great power.
1. Who did Jesus meet soon after He came to His own city? Why did people bring him to Jesus?
2. What did Jesus tell the man?
3. Why did this upset the important people from the synagogue?
4. What did Jesus say to show that He had power even to forgive sins? What happened next?
5. Talk with your family or godfamily about the amazing things God has done for you. Then, like the people in the Gospel, glorify God for His great power!
"I would like to extend my appreciation and gratitude for your mission work, and for making the web a place of real spiritual nourishment. May our Lord and Savior continue to bless all your efforts."