July 22, 2012: Matthew 9:27-35, Read for Older Children
July 16, 2012 Length: 2:53
At that time, when Jesus was passing by, two blind men followed him, crying aloud and saying, “Have mercy on us, Son of David.” When He entered the house, the blind men came to him; and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to Him, “Yes, Lord.” Then Jesus touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith be it done to you.” And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly charged them, “See that no one knows it.” But they went away and spread his fame through all that district.
As they were going away, behold, a dumb demoniac was brought to Jesus. And when the demon had been cast out, the dumb man spoke; and the crowds marveled, saying, “Never was anything like this seen in Israel.” But the Pharisees said, “He casts out demons by the prince of demons.”
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every infirmity of the people.
1. What did the blind men say to Jesus? How did He respond?
2. Did the blind men have faith? How do you know?
3. What did the blind men do after they were healed?
4. Who did Jesus heal next? Was everyone happy?
5. Would you have wanted to be in one of the towns or villages where Jesus went? Why or why not?
6. Do you have faith like the blind men had? Would you want to be healed “according to your faith”? Pray and ask God to help your faith to grow stronger.
"I pastor a non-denominational church in Texas, and I love Orthodox worship. It is so beautiful and reverent. I listen to your station all of the time. God help us Protestants get a clue of what real worship is! Keep up the "God" work."