July 22, 2012: Matthew 9:27-35, Told for Younger Children
July 16, 2012 Length: 2:51
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ was walking. Two blind men began to follow Him. As they walked, the men talked loudly. They said, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
Jesus went in a house and the blind men followed. Jesus asked them, “Do you believe that I can heal you?”
They said, “Yes, Lord!” So He touched their eyes and said, “As much as you believe, be healed!” And their eyes were healed. They could see!
Jesus asked them not to tell who healed them. But the men were so excited! They went and told about Jesus, all around their neighborhood.
When they left, a man who couldn’t speak was brought to Jesus. Our Lord cast a demon out of the man, and he could speak. The crowds of people heard him speak and said, “We never saw anything like this before in Israel!”
Then Jesus went all over the countryside, teaching, preaching, and healing.
1. Who was following Jesus? What did they tell Him?
2. What did Jesus ask them? How did they answer Him?
3. Did Jesus heal them? How?
4. What was wrong with the man brought to Jesus next? What did Jesus do?
5. Is anything wrong with you? Maybe you are sick. Maybe you have a hard time being kind to a brother or sister. Maybe you have a friendship that is not going well. Whatever is wrong, like the blind men did, say to our Lord, “Have mercy on us.” He can—and wants to—help.
"I have greatly apperciated the quality of the content offered by Ancient Faith. It has given me guidance in many ways along my quest to understand the faith. Whether on the train or in the car, I can think of nothing better than tuning in to a podcast or listening to holy music. A sincere thank you and all the best to everyone at Ancient Faith!"