July 28, 2013: Matthew 8:28-9:1, Read for Older Children
December 31, 1969 Length: 2:46
At that time, when Jesus came to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, two demoniacs met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way. And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?” Now a herd of many swine was feeding at some distance from them. And the demons begged him, “If you cast us out, send us away into the herd of swine.” And he said to them, “Go.” So they came out and went into the swine; and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, and perished in the waters. The herdsmen fled, and going into the city they told everything, and what had happened to the demoniacs. And behold, all the city came out to meet Jesus; and when they saw him, they begged him to leave their neighborhood.
And getting into a boat he crossed over and came to his own city.
1. Where did the demoniacs come from when they met Jesus? Why do you think they were there?
2. What do the demoniacs call Jesus?
3. What did the demons beg Jesus to do? How did they know He would cast them out? (Make a guess—the Gospel reading doesn’t say.)
4. Who ran into the city? What did they do when they got there?
5. Why do you think the people in the city came to meet Jesus? Why did they ask Him to leave?
6. If you could have been there for part of the day, which part would you have wanted to see?
"I love Ancient faith Radio. It has kept me company in the lonely dark hours of recovering from addiction. AFR has been with me through my hardest moments. Thank you."