July 31, 2011: Matthew 9:27-35, Told for Younger Children
July 25, 2011 Length: 2:35
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ was walking. Two blind men began to follow Him. As they walked, the men talked loudly. They said, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”
Jesus went in a house and the blind men followed. Jesus asked them, “Do you believe that I can heal you?”
They said, “Yes, Lord!” So He touched their eyes and said, “As much as you believe, be healed!” And their eyes were healed. They could see!
Jesus asked them not to tell who healed them. But the men were so excited! They went and told about Jesus, all around their neighborhood.
When they left, a man who couldn’t speak was brought to Jesus. Our Lord cast a demon out of the man, and he could speak. The crowds of people heard him speak and said, “We never saw anything like this before in Israel!”
Then Jesus went all over the countryside, teaching, preaching, and healing.
Jesus took his hand and helped him get up. He was healed!
1. Look at the icon. Can you find the two men who were blind?
2. Can you find the man who had a demon and could not speak?
3. Did Jesus heal these people?
4. Jesus could heal those people because He is God.
5. When people who were blind, or could not speak, were healed, it was a miracle.
6. When a miracle happened, people really listened to Jesus.
"I really feel dependent on Ancient Faith's music service. And I'm not even an Orthodox Church member. I listen to a wide variety of music on the internet, ranging from r&b classic jamz to various jazz genres to operatic arias, and onwards. But what I listen to most of all by far is Ancient Faith's liturgical music, which I frequently have on for hours at a time."