At that time, as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
Immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them.
Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed him. And he went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every infirmity among the people.
1. Where was Jesus when he saw Simon and Andrew?
2. What things do people do around a sea, river, or lake? What work do people do there?
3. Do you think the sea would be a busy place or not? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think this gospel starts by telling us Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee? Why do you think that is important to the story?
5. What do you think this tells us about Jesus? What kind of people was He looking for?
6. Jesus still uses ordinary people for His work. Pray, and ask Him to help you know what He wants you to do. Then, do it!