Audio length: 3:17 minutes
The Lord said to His disciples, “Every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.”
Then Peter said in reply, “Lo, we have left everything and followed you. What then shall we have?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of man shall sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundred-fold, and inherit eternal life. But many that are first will be last, and the last first.”
1. Who does Jesus say He will acknowledge before His Father in Heaven? Who will He deny?
2. Who does He say is not worthy of Him?
3. What do you think He means when He talks about “taking up his cross” and following Him?
4. What did Jesus tell Peter that he and the other disciples will do in the new world?
5. Jesus said that everyone who leaves behind things or people who are important to them will inherit what?
6. Have you ever had the opportunity to do something differently from your friends because of your faith? What was it? How did you do? Did you acknowledge Jesus or did you deny Him and make the thing more important to you than Christ?