June 10, 2012: Matthew 10:32-33; 37-38; 19:27-30, Told for Younger Children
June 04, 2012 Length: 2:56
One day our Lord Jesus Christ was talking to His disciples. He said, “Anyone who is not embarrassed about Me around other people, I will remember before my Father in Heaven. Whoever acts like they don’t know Me, I will not remember before My Father.
“If someone loves their parents or children more than Me, they are not worthy of Me. Taking up the Cross is hard to do, but it is the right thing to do. Whoever does not do the right thing because it is hard is not worthy of me, either.”
Peter spoke up then, “Lord, we left behind everything so that we could follow You. What will happen to us?”
Jesus told him, “In the new world, I will sit on a glorious throne. You who followed me will also sit on a throne, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Anyone who has left behind people or things to follow me will be blessed with much more, and get to live forever with God!”
1. Who will Jesus remember before God? Who will He not remember?
2. What does Jesus say is hard to do? Why do you think it is the right thing to do?
3. Did you ever do something even though it was hard, because it was the right thing to do? What did you do?
4. What did Peter say they had left behind? Why did they leave it?
5. What did Jesus say will happen to those who leave everything to follow Him?
6. Ask your parents or godparents to tell about a time when they followed God even though it was hard.
"I've been a regular listener for years, and I appreciate all that you make available for believers. You have no idea how much your station has made me feel at peace when I am far away from home. Thank you, and may God bless you."