June 16, 2013, John 17:1-13, Told for Younger Children
June 10, 2013 Length: 2:26
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ looked up towards Heaven and prayed. He said, “Father, glorify Your Son so that He can glorify You. You have given Me power to give eternal life to my followers. I glorified You on earth and did what you sent Me to do. Now, Father, glorify Me with the same glory I had with You before the world was even made.
“I have helped people learn about You. They have obeyed Your Word. They believe that You sent Me. I am praying for those who believe that I came from You.
“They will still be in the world after I come back to You. Keep them in Your Name and let them be close friends, like You and I are. I took care of them while I was with them. Now I am praying for them so that they can have my joy in their lives even after I come back to You.”
1. Who was Jesus speaking with?
2. Jesus said He taught people how to live. What is one thing Jesus wants us to do?
3. What is one thing Jesus doesn’t want us to do?
4. Jesus wants us to share His joy. Where have you heard the word, “joy”? What does joy feel like?
5. Look at the icon. It teaches us about God. There is one God, in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
6. They are sitting in a circle, with an opening. The opening is for you and me. A circle is a sign of love. God wants to share love and joy with us.
"AFR is becoming a big part of my listening repertoire in the evening even though I am not Orthodox (Anglican). God Bless you."