One day our Lord Jesus Christ was talking to His disciples. He said, “Anyone who is not embarrassed about Me around other people, I will remember before my Father in Heaven. Whoever acts like they don’t know Me, I will not remember before My Father.
“If someone loves their parents or children more than Me, they are not worthy of Me. Taking up the Cross is hard to do, but it is the right thing to do. Whoever does not do the right thing because it is hard is not worthy of me, either.”
Peter spoke up then, “Lord, we left behind everything so that we could follow You. What will happen to us?”
Jesus told him, “In the new world, I will sit on a glorious throne. You who followed me will also sit on a throne, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Anyone who has left behind people or things to follow me will be blessed with much more, and get to live forever with God!”
Here are some questions about the Gospel story:
1. Who did Jesus say He would remember before His Father in heaven?
2. Who will He not remember?
3. Jesus is our creator. He loves us. He told us that we must love him more than anyone. How do you show that you love Jesus?
4. Jesus had a terrible death. He carried the cross that he would be nailed to. When we have a hard time, it is like we are carrying a cross.
5. Can you think of anyone who sick or hurt, or having a rough time because others are making fun of him or her?
6. In your hard times and in others’ hard times, ask Jesus to help. He will do it!