June 24, 2012: Luke 1:1-15; 57-68; 76-80, Told for Younger Children
June 18, 2012 Length: 2:55
At that time, the priest serving in the Temple was Zachariah. His wife was Elizabeth. For many years, they prayed that God would send them a child. Now they were both very old. One day an angel visited Zachariah.
The angel said, “Don’t be afraid, Zachariah, for the Lord has heard your prayer. Your wife will conceive a child. You shall name him, John. He will help many people find God. He will prepare everyone for the Lord.”
Zachariah asked, “I don’t think this can happen. My wife and I are very old.” The angel replied, “I am Gabriel; God sent me to tell you this. Now you will not be able to talk until the child’s birth.”
When the child was born, the family wondered what name he should have. Elizabeth said, “He is to be named, John.” The family wanted to name him, Zachariah after his father. They told Zachariah what they wanted to do, and he asked for a writing tablet. He write, “His name is John.” At that moment, Zachariah could speak again. He said, “Blessed be the Lord, God!” The boy grew up to be John the Baptist, the cousin of Jesus.
1. What was the name of the priest, and of his wife?
2. What did the angel come to tell Zachariah?
3. Zachariah didn’t think this would happen. What did the angel do next?
4. When the child was born, what name did the family want to give him?
5. What did Zachariah say the boy’s name should be?
6. What happened after he wrote the word, John?June 24, 2007
7. Who did the boy grow up to be?
8. Angels bring messages from God to his people. What was the name of the angel in this story?
"This is the best Christian radio ever! May God bless every worker and priest associated with this station. I love you all."