One day, our Lord Jesus Christ was teaching about what is really important.
He said, “Your eyes are like a light for your body. If you look at bad things, your whole body can be bad. But if you look at things that are good, your whole body is bright and light.
“No one can serve God and money. People will either love God best or love money and earthly things best. It is better to love God most of all.
“I tell you, don’t worry about what you eat, drink, or wear. Think about birds—they don’t store up food! But God provides for them, doesn’t He? Think about flowers—they don’t sew or shop, but God dresses them in their beautiful clothes. If God takes care of little things like grass, won’t He take even better care of you?
“So don’t worry about your food, drink, or clothes. Your Father in Heaven already knows that you need them. He will provide them for you if you pray and come to church and do what is right. That is what is most important.”
1. God wants us to see clearly. He will help us know what is good and what is not. We can ask God to help us at any time.
2. When do you pray? Have you ever asked God to help you?
3. When we are at church, we learn what God wants when the priest reads from the gospel. How do you know when the priest is reading from the gospel?
4. God wants us to walk with him. What does that mean? It means God wants us to pray every day. He wants us to serve him by doing good in all we think, say, and do.
5. God wants us to pray, and to live united with Him. Do you remember the Last Supper. We still celebrate the Last Supper when we receive Holy Communion. We are united with God at Holy Communion more than at any other time.