Audio length: 2:50 minutes
The Lord said to His disciples, “Every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.”
Then Peter said in reply, “Lo, we have left everything and followed you. What then shall we have?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man shall sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundred-fold, and inherit eternal life. But many that are first will be last, and the last first.”
1. What do we need to do so that Christ will acknowledge us before His father?
2. What does the word, “acknowledge” mean?
3. How do we acknowledge Christ when we cross ourselves?
4. How do we acknowledge Christ when we say the creed?
5. How can you acknowledge Christ at home? At school? Around your friends?