March 13, 2011: John 1:43-51, Told for Younger Children
March 07, 2011 Length: 2:40
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ went to Galilee. He found Philip and said, “Follow Me!” Philip went and found Nathanael. He said, “Guess what, Nathanael! We found the Person that Moses and the prophets wrote about. His name is Jesus and He’s from Nazareth.”
Nathanael said, “Can anything good come from Nazareth?” Philip told him, “Come and see for yourself.” So Nathanael went with Philip to meet Jesus.
When Jesus saw them coming, He said that Nathanael was a very good man. Nathanael asked, “How do You know me?”
Jesus answered, “Before Philip talked with you, I saw you under the fig tree.”
Nathanael was amazed and said, “You are God’s Son! You are the King of Israel!”
Jesus answered, “Do you believe in Me just because I said I saw you under the fig tree? You will get to see a lot more amazing things than that! You will get to see Heaven and angels.”
Here are some questions about the Gospel story:
1. Jesus saw a man on the way to Galilee, and said, “Follow me.” Who was that man?
2. Jesus saw a man under a fig tree. What was his name?
3. Nathaniel was surprised that Jesus knew him. He said two things about who Jesus was. He said Jesus was the King of Israel. What else did he say about Jesus?
4. Now Jesus was surprised. He told Nathanael that he would see much greater things.
5. If you had just met Jesus, who would you tell first?
"Our family has been abundantly blessed by your ministry and the variety of podcasts available. Thank you for your commitment to Christian broadcasting."