March 16, 2014: Mark 2:1-12, Read for Older Children
March 10, 2014 Length: 3:17
At that time, when Jesus returned to Caper’na-um after some days, it was reported that he was at home. And many were gathered together, so that there was no longer room for them, not even about the door; and he was preaching the word to them. And they came, bringing to Jesus a paralytic carried by four men. And when they could not get near Jesus because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him; and when they had made an opening, they let down the pallet on which the paralytic lay.
And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Now some of the scribes were sitting there, reasoning in their hearts, “Why does this man speak thus? It is a blasphemy! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus reasoned within themselves, said to them, “Why do you reason thus in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your pallet and walk? But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the paralytic—”I say to you, rise, take up your pallet and go home.”
And he rose, and immediately took up the pallet and went out before them all; so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”
1. What happened when people found out that Jesus was in Caper’na-um?
2. Did the four men care about the paralyzed man? Why do you think that?
3. What does Jesus say to the paralyzed man first?
4. Why does Jesus later tell the paralyzed man to take up his pallet and go home?
5. How would you have felt if you were in the room that day and saw this happen?
6. Do you have faith that God can help your friends with their struggles? Bring your friends to Jesus in prayer, and ask Him for His help in their lives. You never know what wonderful thing He will do for them!
"Ancient Faith Radio is a gift from God to me. I am 90 years old. I start my day with a cup of coffee while listening to the music and sermons. It has opened a new world to me. It is my joy. Glory be to God."