March 16, 2014: Mark 2:1-12, Told for Younger Children
March 10, 2014 Length: 3:14
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ went back to Caper’na-um. People found out that He was there and came to the house where He was. They all crowded in as close as they could. The house was packed! Everyone wanted to hear Jesus preaching.
Four men brought their friend who could not move by himself. They knew Jesus could help him. Because the house was so full of people, the four men could not get in the door. They really wanted their friend to get to Jesus, so they climbed onto the roof of the house. They took off part of the roof right over Jesus. Then, they lowered their friend to Him through the hole.
Jesus saw their faith and told the man, “Your sins are forgiven.”
Some scribes were sitting in the crowd. When they heard this, they thought to themselves, “Why does this Man talk like that? How dare He say that? Only God can forgive sins!”
Jesus knew what they were thinking and said, “What is easier to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or ‘Get up, pick up your mat and walk’? But so you all can know that I can forgive sins.…” He turned to the man and said, “Get up, pick up your mat, and walk!”
The man who could not move got right up, picked up his mat, and walked out of that house! Everyone who saw the miracle was amazed and praised God. They said, “We never saw anything like this!”
1. Why did so many people come to the house where Jesus was?
2. How many friends helped the man who could not move?
3. The friends really wanted to help the man get to Jesus. Because the house was so full, what did they do?
4. Were the scribes happy that Jesus said the man’s sins were forgiven? How do you know?
5. Did Jesus heal the man? How do you know?
6. Would you have wanted to be in that house that day? Why or why not?
"We love Ancient Faith Radio. It is so wonderful, and it really helps us spiritually. I also play it every morning for my children, and we learn more hymns. Keep up the good work!"