March 2, 2014: Matthew 6:14-21, Read for Older Children
February 23, 2014 Length: 2:39
The Lord said, “If you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
“And when you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by men but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”
1. What are trespasses?
2. What does our Lord say will happen if we forgive others for their trespasses? What if we don’t?
3. How should we look when we fast? Why?
4. Where should our treasures be?
5. What do you think our Lord means when He says, “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also?”
6. What do you treasure? Are you spending your days trying to get earthly stuff? Or are you following Christ and building up heavenly treasures?
"I am new to this site, and I am absolutely astounded by the quality of your material, especially the beautiful Orthodox hymns and chants. What a blessing we Orthodox Christians have to be able to listen to our own broadcasts. May the Lord our God grant all of you people involved with this radio program strength and everything necessary to continue to share this great gift with all people."