March 9, 2014: John 1:43-51, Told for Younger Children
Antiochian Archdiocese Department of Christian Education · March 2, 2014
One day, our Lord Jesus Christ went to Galilee. He found Philip and said, “Follow Me!” Philip went and found Nathanael. He said, “Guess what, Nathanael! We found the Person that Moses and the prophets wrote about. His name is Jesus and He’s from Nazareth.”
Nathanael said, “Can anything good come from Nazareth?” Philip told him, “Come and see for yourself.” So Nathanael went with Philip to meet Jesus.
When Jesus saw them coming, He said that Nathanael was a very good man. Nathanael asked, “How do You know me?”
Jesus answered, “Before Philip talked with you, I saw you under the fig tree.”
Nathanael was amazed and said, “You are God’s Son! You are the King of Israel!”
Jesus answered, “Do you believe in Me just because I said I saw you under the fig tree? You will get to see a lot more amazing things than that! You will get to see Heaven and angels.”
1. What did Jesus tell Philip to do?
2. Who did Philip go to get?
3. Was Philip excited about meeting Jesus?
4. How did Jesus describe Nathanael?
5. Who does Nathanael say that Jesus is?
6. What does Jesus say that Nathanael will get to see? Would you like to see that, too?