One day, Jesus told this story. He said, “Once there was a man who was going from Jerusalem to Jericho. On the way, robbers stopped him. They beat him up, took his things, and left him almost dead.
“Soon an important man came by, but he did not stop to help the hurt man. Later, another man came down the road. He did not help, either—he just kept walking.
“But then, a Samaritan—a man who was from a different place—came by. When the Samaritan man saw the hurt man, he felt sorry for the man. He cleaned up the man’s wounds, put him on his donkey, and took him to an inn. He told the innkeeper to take care of the hurt man. He even gave the innkeeper money to pay for the hurt man to stay there.”
At the end of the story, Jesus asked who was a neighbor to the hurt man. Someone said, “The one who showed mercy to him!”
Jesus said, “Go help other people and show them mercy just like the Samaritan did!”
1. What happened to the man on his journey?
2. What did the two men do who first passed by the man?
3. What did the third man do?
4. What lesson did Jesus want us to learn from this story?
5. This story is called “The Good Samaritan.” Why is it called that?
6. Look for a chance to be a Good Samaritan and help someone who needs it, today!