Let Us Attend:
One day, our Lord Jesus told a parable. A parable is a story that has a special meaning. He said, “Once there was a very rich man. One year, the man’s crops grew so well that he didn’t know what to do! He had too much grain to fit into his barns. ‘What should I do?’ the man wondered.
“Then he got an idea. ‘I know what I’ll do. I will tear down these old barns and build great big ones! Then I can store all of my grain AND all of my stuff! Then I will tell myself, “Self, you have plenty of food, and stuff to last you for many years. Relax! Eat all you want! Drink what you want! Be happy!”’
“But God said to that greedy rich man, ‘You are foolish. Tonight you will die. All that stuff you worked for and kept to yourself will be left behind. You will not have it.’”
Then Jesus said, “That is what it is like for someone who works hard to get money and things just for himself and is not rich in the things of God. Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear!” Jesus really wants everyone to learn from this story!
1. Where did the rich man store his crops?
2. What problem did he have in this story?
3. When the man died, could he take all of his things with him?
4. Our Lord Jesus wanted us to learn what is really important. Is our stuff important? What is?
5. How can you show that the things of God are important to you?