November 25, 2012: Luke 18:18-27, Told for Younger Children
November 18, 2012 Length: 2:39
One day, a man came to ask Jesus a question. “Good Teacher, what should I do so I can go to Heaven?”
Jesus said, “You know the commandments, don’t you? God wants you to not kill, not steal, not lie, and honor your parents.”
The man said, “I’ve done all of that since I was young.”
The Jesus said, “There is one thing that you still need to do. Sell everything you have. Give the money to poor people. Then you’ll have treasure in Heaven! Then come and follow Me.”
When the man heard this, he was very sad because he was rich.
Jesus saw how sad he was and said, “It is hard for people with lots of money and things to enter God’s Kingdom! It is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter God’s Kingdom.”
All the people who heard this wondered who could be saved, since it is so hard! But Jesus told them, “Everything is possible with God!”
1. In the story, who was speaking with Jesus?
2. Jesus mentioned some of God’s commandments. Which ones did he tell about?
3. Jesus told the man he could do one more thing if he wanted to go to Heaven. What was it?
4. Why was the rich man sad when Jesus said this?
5. Are you keeping all of the commandments?
6. Do you share with the poor? Ask your parents or priest how you can share more.
"I love Ancient Faith Radio! It has been invaluable to me as I grow in my faith. I don't know what I would have done without you."