November 28, 2010: Luke 18:18-27, Read for Older Children
November 22, 2010 Length: 2:52
At that time, a man came testing Jesus and asking, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’” And the man said, “All these I have observed from my youth.” And when Jesus heard it, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”
But when the man heard this he became sad, for he was very rich. Jesus, seeing him sad, said, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
Those who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?” But Jesus said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”
1. Why do you think the rich man was “testing” Jesus?
2. What does the rich man call Jesus? Who does Jesus say is good?
3. What commandments did Jesus say the rich man knew? Can you think of any others?
4. What did Jesus say that the rich man needed to do? How did the man respond?
5. Jesus said that it is difficult for rich people to be saved. But what does he say that can give hope to those who are rich?
6. What about you? Are you keeping the commandments? Are you giving to the poor? Look for a way to do even more today.
"We love Ancient Faith Radio. It is so wonderful, and it really helps us spiritually. I also play it every morning for my children, and we learn more hymns. Keep up the good work!"