Let Us Attend:
One day, our Lord Jesus met a man who had demons. He did not wear clothes. He lived in the tombs. The demons made him strong and not safe to be with.
When the man saw Jesus, the demons made him yell, “What do I have to do with you, Jesus, God’s Son? Leave me alone!”
Jesus asked the man what his name was. The man said, “Legion.” (A legion is a large group or army.) He said this was his name because so many demons were in him.
Jesus told the demons to leave the man. He told them to go into a nearby herd of pigs. The demons came out of the man and went into the pigs. The whole herd went rushing down the steep bank into the lake and they drowned.
The people watching the pigs saw what had happened. They ran to town and told other people. These people went to see Jesus. They saw the man who had demons sitting at Jesus’ feet. He was wearing clothes. He was talking in a normal voice. This made the people very afraid. They asked Jesus to leave.
As Jesus got into a boat to leave, the man begged to come along. He wanted to be with Jesus. But Jesus told him to go home and tell all that God had done for him.
1. Jesus met a man who was acting very strangely. What was his problem?
2. The man did not wear clothes. Where did he live?
3. Jesus told the legion, or army, of demons to get out of the man. Where did they go?
4. What happened to the herd of pigs?
5. What did Jesus say the man should tell about?
6. God is more powerful than anyone or anything. If we are feeling or acting strangely, we can ask God to help us. If we are confused, God can help us. We can pray, and then give our problem to God.