Audio length: 2:14 minutes
At that time, Jesus went to a city called Nain, and many of his disciples and a great crowd went with him. As he drew near to the gate of the city, behold, a man who had died was being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow; and a large crowd from the city was with her. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” And he came and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still.
And Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” And the dead man sat up, and began to speak. And Jesus gave him to his mother. Fear seized them all; and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has arisen among us!” and “God has visited his people!”
1. What do the crowds of people say after Jesus raises the man and gives him to his mother?
2. What is a prophet? Try looking up the definition of the word and asking some people at church what they think a prophet is.
3. Can you name any prophets? If you can, what message from God did that prophet deliver? If you don’t know what he said, try reading about that prophet with your family.
4. What are the crowds telling us about Jesus when they call him a prophet?
5. What message do you think Jesus is bringing us from God?