October 7, 2012: Luke 7:11-16, Told for Younger Children
October 01, 2012 Length: 2:20
One day, our Lord Jesus and His disciples went to a city called Na’in. Many people followed Him. When He got near the city gate, a dead man was being carried out in an open coffin. The man’s mother and many people from Na’in were following. The mother was very sad because first her husband had died and now her only son died, too. She did not have anyone left to provide for her.
When Jesus saw the woman, He was sad about what had happened. He told the woman not to cry. Then, He touched the open coffin. The people who were carrying it stood still.
Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, arise!” The dead man sat up and even started to talk!
Jesus took the young man to his mother.
All the people were amazed because of the miracle they saw. They praised and thanked God.
- What was the name of the city where Jesus went?
- What did Jesus and His disciples see when they entered the city?
- Why was the mother sad?
- What did Jesus say to her?
- What did Jesus do?
- A miracle is something that is amazing. Jesus did many miracles. They showed that he was God. They showed that God loves His people.
- This miracle shows that Jesus has power over life and death. It makes us think about Pascha when we celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead to give us life forever!
- Have you ever seen a miracle? How did you feel?
"I wanted to briefly say thank you for the ministry and Christian witness you provide through AFR on a daily basis. The music and podcasts you provide expose so many to Orthodox faith and worship and make available vital educational resources to the faithful. My Orthodox faith and walk with Christ have certainly been strengthened in the last few years through the ministry of AFR, and for that I am grateful."