October 7, 2012: Luke 7:11-16, Told for Younger Children
October 01, 2012 Length: 2:20
One day, our Lord Jesus and His disciples went to a city called Na’in. Many people followed Him. When He got near the city gate, a dead man was being carried out in an open coffin. The man’s mother and many people from Na’in were following. The mother was very sad because first her husband had died and now her only son died, too. She did not have anyone left to provide for her.
When Jesus saw the woman, He was sad about what had happened. He told the woman not to cry. Then, He touched the open coffin. The people who were carrying it stood still.
Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, arise!” The dead man sat up and even started to talk!
Jesus took the young man to his mother.
All the people were amazed because of the miracle they saw. They praised and thanked God.
- What was the name of the city where Jesus went?
- What did Jesus and His disciples see when they entered the city?
- Why was the mother sad?
- What did Jesus say to her?
- What did Jesus do?
- A miracle is something that is amazing. Jesus did many miracles. They showed that he was God. They showed that God loves His people.
- This miracle shows that Jesus has power over life and death. It makes us think about Pascha when we celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead to give us life forever!
- Have you ever seen a miracle? How did you feel?
"Thank you so much. I have been a listener for many years now. I so cherish the music and wonderful, inspirational podcasts. We moved from the U.S. to Serbia eight months ago for my husband's job. Even though we are living in an Orthodox county and we attend Orthodox church here, I am not a native speaker. Being able to listen to Ancient Faith Radio is such a blessing to me and to my family. My two children love to go to sleep at night listening to AFR. I am so grateful that they are still able to do that all the way over here."