Let Us Attend:
At that time, Jesus went to a city called Nain, and many of his disciples and a great crowd went with him. As he drew near to the gate of the city, behold, a man who had died was being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow; and a large crowd from the city was with her. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” And he came and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still.
And Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” And the dead man sat up, and began to speak. And Jesus gave him to his mother. Fear seized them all; and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has arisen among us!” and “God has visited his people!”
1. Why does Jesus raise the young man from the dead? Who does He do it for?
2. Who is a widow?
3. Do you know anyone who is a widow? Does that person need help from other people to get things done? Who helps her?
4. If the people who normally help the widow you know were no longer there to help her what would she do? How do you think she would feel?
5. After the dead man in the gospel sits up and speaks what does Jesus do? Why do you think he did that?
6. If the young man in the gospel is given life so he can help his mother why do you think Jesus gives us life?
7. Who can you help this week, as a way to thank Jesus for giving you life? What can you do to help that person?