October 9, 2011: Luke 7:11-16, Told for Younger Children
October 03, 2011 Length: 2:28
One day, our Lord Jesus and His disciples went to a city called Na’in. Many people followed Him.
When He got near the city gate, a dead man was being carried out in an open coffin. The man’s mother and many people from Na’in were following.
The mother was very sad because first her husband had died and now her only son died, too. She did not have anyone left to provide for her.
When Jesus saw the woman, He was sad about what had happened. He told the woman not to cry. Then, He touched the open coffin. The people who were carrying it stood still.
Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, arise!”
The dead man sat up and even started to talk!
Jesus took the young man to his mother.
All the people were amazed because of the miracle they saw. They praised and thanked God.
1. What did Jesus see when He got near the city gate in Na’in?
2. Who was following the open coffin?
3. What do we know about the dead boy’s mother?
4. How did Jesus feel about what had happened to the boy?
5. What did Jesus say to the dead boy in the coffin?
6. What happened then?
7. The people were amazed when they saw this. Would you have been amazed? Why or why not?
"This station has profoundly changed my life. I have been a Christian for twenty years, but I've been spiritually starving for many of those. Thank you so much for your deep teaching and blessed encouragement. I ask for your prayers -- I am ready to make the leap from our Protestant Church to Orthodoxy, but my husband is not. Until I can regularly attend our local Orthodox parish, AFR is a great comfort and a gift from God."