September 12, 2010: John 3:13-17, Read for Older Children
September 06, 2010 Length: 1:24
The Lord said, “No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.”
1. Who did God give to the world?
2. What will happen if we believe in him?
3. In the liturgy, when do we say we believe in one God and his only begotten son?
4. According to the creed and this gospel, where did the son descend for come down from?
5. Why did God send the Son into the world?
6. How can you receive salvation and eternal life?
"I have recently been getting to know the Orthodox faith through reading. As I have no Orthodox community or Church near me, Ancient Faith Radio has had to fill that gap, and it does so well. AFR truly provides me with a spiritual boost, and it has allowed me to experience communion with others of the Faith."