September 15, 2013: Mark 8:34-9:1, Read for Older Children
September 09, 2013 Length: 2:19
The Lord said, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul? For what can a man give in return for his soul?
For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” And Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power.”
1. Who gives you life? Can you give yourself life?
2. What do you think this gospel means when it says: “What can they give in return for their life?”
3. Can we give God anything that is equal to the gifts He gives us?
4. What does that tell us about God? About us?
5. What gift does God ask us to give Him in this gospel?
6. How can you give God that gift this week?
"I cannot describe to you how much these Ancient Faith podcasts mean to me. They renew my mind in the best sense (biblical) of the meaning. I am so grateful for your presence. It is a blessing to live in a time when it is possible for me to hear so many high-quality sermons and lectures. I am not Orthodox, but am certainly being attracted to this “way” through Ancient Faith Radio. I listen to the music channel as I do church treasurer work. It is a lifesaver. "