September 15, 2013: Mark 8:34-9:1, Read for Older Children
September 09, 2013 Length: 2:19
The Lord said, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul? For what can a man give in return for his soul?
For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” And Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power.”
1. Who gives you life? Can you give yourself life?
2. What do you think this gospel means when it says: “What can they give in return for their life?”
3. Can we give God anything that is equal to the gifts He gives us?
4. What does that tell us about God? About us?
5. What gift does God ask us to give Him in this gospel?
6. How can you give God that gift this week?
"By listening to you on my PC at work, some who do not believe in God, and only know what non-Orthodox people tell them are tuning in to listen to your music and prayers, as well as all the educational material you supply. I know I have learned more about my faith due to your efforts than anywhere else. Thank you for your hard work and talent that you bring to this ministry."