September 30, 2012: Luke 6:31-36, Told for Younger Children
September 24, 2012 Length: 2:21
One day, Jesus was talking about loving others. First, He said that we should treat other people like we want them to treat us.
Jesus also said that if we love someone who loves us, that is not a special thing. He said even sinners do that. If we are kind to people who are kind to us, that is not special, either. Even sinners do that. And, if we share with people who share with us, that is not special because sinners share when they know someone will share with them.
Jesus said that we need to love even our enemies. He said we should do what is good and share with others. He said we should not think they will give us anything back. If we do this, we will be God’s children.
Jesus said that God is kind to everyone, even people who are not thankful. He is even kind to bad people! Jesus said we should be full of kindness, just like our God, our Father, is.
1. How does Jesus say we should treat others?
2. Has someone ever been mean to you? How did you want them to treat you? How does Jesus say you should treat them?
3. Who should we love?
4. If we do what is good and share with others without thinking they will give us anything back, what will we be?
5. Who does God treat kindly?
6. How can you be full of mercy to others?
"Ancient Faith Radio keeps me connected to the Orthodox world. I especially enjoy the music and the Hours. Prayer life is very important to me. I look forward to listening to more (podcasts, interviews, etc.)."