September 9, 2012: John 3:13-17, Read for Older Children
September 03, 2012 Length: 1:24
The Lord said, “No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.”
1. Who did God give to the world?
2. What will happen if we believe in him?
3. In the liturgy, when do we say we believe in one God and his only begotten son?
4. According to the creed and this gospel, where did the son descend for come down from?
5. Why did God send the Son into the world?
6. How can you receive salvation and eternal life?
"Every day from about 1:20-1:45 I listen to AFR on my computer as I'm doing my end-of-day paperwork in the school kitchen. Today was extra glorious listening to the Akathist to the Lady of Sitka icon! Wow! What a blanket of peace! THANK YOU! Every day is wonderful, but today was extra! THANK YOU!"