September 9, 2012: John 3:13-17, Read for Older Children
September 03, 2012 Length: 1:24
The Lord said, “No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.”
1. Who did God give to the world?
2. What will happen if we believe in him?
3. In the liturgy, when do we say we believe in one God and his only begotten son?
4. According to the creed and this gospel, where did the son descend for come down from?
5. Why did God send the Son into the world?
6. How can you receive salvation and eternal life?
"I have been studying church history and started reading Orthodox books after my daughter wrote her Master’s Degree thesis on icons. We have both been leaning toward the Orthodox Church in recent months, however, I find it too nationalistic and it is difficult to break through the language and ethnic barriers. Ancient Faith Radio on the other hand, does not have those fences, which makes it easier for me to pray and meditate with. Thank you for opening doors that have been shut to me."